As the school year moves forward into June, we know there are still lots of end of year tasks to be accomplished. One of those is always the collection of school-issued items and the retrieval of critical items that may have been left at school. It is important to read this communication about Phase Two in our schools so you fully understand how you can help with this process. Students who will be attending Atholton or River Hill next year and who are in possession of school-issued materials such as Chromebooks, band and orchestra instruments, textbooks, media books, calculators, or other materials and supplies belonging to AHS/HCPSS are being asked to hold onto the instructional materials until school classes and activities resume in school buildings. REVIEW THIS MATERIAL TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COLLECTION PROCEDURE.
If your student currently has medication in the school Health Room please review the following instructions for picking up your child’s medications. We will be conducting a "drive through" pick up of medications on Tuesday, June 16th from 9 AM to 1 PM in the front of the school. Please stay in your car and we will come to you. We will ask you to show your identification (through your closed window) and then we will place the medication into your car (either in the back seat or the trunk). If we haven’t already spoken on the phone, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know who will be picking up the medication. If a parent is not able to pick up medication, they may assign another adult to do so; however, you must supply the name of that person and they must bring an ID. Students can NOT pick up their own medication, even if they are over 18.
· Please do not come to school if you are sick (temp of > 100 F, cough, shortness of breath) or if you have been asked to self isolate or quarantine.
· Do not exit your vehicle.
· We encourage you to wear gloves and mask.
· Bring an ID to verify the identity of the designated person picking up the medication - show through the car window.
· After verification of identity, we will ask you to either pop your trunk or open a back window so that we can place the medication in your car.
· If you are walking up to the school to collect the medication, please stand at least 6 feet away from staff and we will take care of you.
· If you do not pick up the medication (or send an authorized person in your absence) the medication will be destroyed in accordance with HCPSS Health Services guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sandy Eggerl, BSN, RN, NCSN
Atholton High School - 410) 313-7913