Personal Device Policy
- Students must comply with class and school rules and all relevant HCPSS Board Policies.
- Administration, faculty, and staff may request at any time that students must turn off and put away technology devices. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action and possible revocation of privileges.
- Individuals assume full responsibility for their non-HCPSS owned technology devices. This includes the device’s safety, security and maintenance.
- Schools may designate approved personal communication device zones/times on school grounds; however, personal communication devices may not be used in locker rooms or bathrooms at any time.
- Students must obtain consent from staff and participants before taking, uploading or sharing photos, recording audio, or capturing video during the school day.
- Any disruption to class or other educational activity may result in disciplinary action.
High school students are permitted to carry personal communication devices with them during the school day. They must be turned off or in silent mode at all times. These devices may not disrupt instructional times and should be put away in backpacks, lockers or caddies. Instructional time is defined as from the sound of the late bell to the sound of the dismissal bell. High school students may use their personal communication devices before or after school hours, during lunch, and during hallway/transition times.
If a student has their personal communication device out during instructional time, the instructional staff will notify an administrator. Administration will follow a progressive consequences response.
The electronic equipment will be returned to a parent/guardian only (no earlier than 2:15pm on the day of the infraction or any time thereafter).