INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING TRYOUT PAPERWORK ONLINE:
Please note - Do not use Cell Phones, Use Parent Portal, Allow Pop Ups, and Limit File Size (4MB) for all uploads.
The HCPSS Office of Information Technology has developed a portal through HCPSS Connect Parent Access to submit ALL Athletics Forms. Parents/guardians can now fill out required forms, upload physicals and proof of residency documents, and complete the eligibility process just by following this link: HCPSS Connect.
- Login to your HCPSS Connect Portal (Parents & Guardian MUST use the parental login. Using your students log in info. will not allow you to register); Once logged in, go to the menu on the left and click the bottom option More Options. If you have more than one student make sure you have selected the correct student from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Click on Athletic Registration on the right hand side Menu,
- Click on the Athletic Participation Form and begin filling out form (All sports will be indicated as varsity)
- Once you hit Save- all of the other forms will open up on left tab
- Complete all of the forms: Athletic Participation Form, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form, Concussion Information, Concussion testing program, and recent COVID-19 Awareness form. Please complete all additional document. Do not skip or leave any boxes blank.
- If you participated in a previous sport for this school year, all you need to submit is a new parent permission form, indicating the sport, a vaccination card an updated residency.
- Upload the following forms: Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form dated on/after April 1, 2021. Upload ALL pages of the Physical Examination Form (including COVID last page). Older physicals will not be accepted.
- Upload a RECENT Utility bill, bills must be date no more than 2 months prior to the beginning of the season. Utility (BGE, Potomac Edison, Copy of Deed, tax bill, Solar, Water, Cable/Satellite are allowed) **No Cell Phone Bills will be accepted**
**Reminder: Physicals for Athletics are different from those used to register to attend school and wellness visits are not considered a physical.
** Reminder: Just because you have submitted all paper work, the AAM must verify the documents are complete, accurate and meet HCPSS guidelines.
Physicals: The Athletic Boosters have provided a convenient opportunity for students to have a physical at Maple Lawn First Cal Urgent Care. Click this link for more information. Portion of the proceeds go to the athletic boosters
TRYOUT FORMS: Pleack click this link for access to the hard copy forms that are required for tryouts.
At all Howard County athletic events, we strive to provide a pleasant and safe environment for all spectators and participants. We ask fans to refrain from:
- Intimidating or harassing the players, coaches, officials, or fans
- Using profanity
- Throwing objects
- Entering the playing area
- Loitering in the hallways or on the grounds
- Those who fail to abide by the Rules of Conduct will be asked to leave the contest, and could result in a trespass letter banning the spectator from future athletic events at the school.
Admission is a privilege to observe a contest, not a license to display insensitive or offensive behavior. Enjoy the event! Be a fan, not a fanatic!
HCPSS Interscholastic Athletic Handbook
Many of the HCPSS interscholastic rules and guidleines can be found here by clicking this link
HCPSS Athletic Participation Resources
Student athletic policy agreement form for new student athletes.
Agreement for families that acknowledge HCPSS may administer pre-concussion baseline testing and post-concussion testing after a sports-related injury.
Overview of concussion signs and symptoms that can occur in student athletes.
Physician forms for future student athletes to fill out prior to sport seasons.
Protocols for administration of student medication during school hours along with a medication administration history form for physicians.
Acknowledgement statement and guidelines for identifying and responding to a cardiac arrest scenario.