Our distance learning model will consist of two components, 1) 90 minutes to two hours of learning activities per course for students to complete independently, and 2) weekly virtual class check-ins via Google Meet.
Beginning April 20th, Students will engage in learning activities that will take up to two hours each week per class to complete. Weekly assignments will be posted each Monday by 9:00 a.m. and will be due on Friday by 10:00 a.m.
Regular class check-ins will follow the schedule below. Each class will have one meeting time. Your child’s teacher will determine which of the two times will be the check-in time for the class period and will communicate the schedule with families and students via Canvas. The time teachers select is intended to remain constant throughout the school closure.
• Period 4A Google Meet Check-In: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
• Period 1 Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
• Period 4B Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
• Period 2 Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
• Period 5 Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
• Period 3 Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
• Period 6 Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
April 14 - 17 will be an orientation week for high school students. By 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, teachers will post learning activities and assignments in Canvas. During the orientation week, the learning activities and assignments should take one hour or less to complete per class. Students will be able to work independently to complete the tasks throughout the week and will submit work through Canvas by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020.
April 14th - April 17, teachers will schedule student orientations using Google Meet. Students will receive a message via Canvas from each of their teachers with specific details about the orientations including the Google Meet login information, meeting date, and meeting time. Students will not be required to use the device camera or microphone for Google Meet virtual meetings.
Because the week of April 14-17 is an orientation week, there will be a modified schedule for class check-in meetings. Please note that there will be only one check-in per class. Each teacher will choose one of two possible times to hold orientations. I want to share potential meeting times with you to help your family plan. Teachers will share their selected times in a Canvas message to students later today.
Wednesday, April 15
• Period 1 Orientation Check-in: 8:00-8:30 a.m. OR 8:30-9:00a.m.
• Period 2 Orientation Check-in: 9:30-10:00 a.m. OR 10:00-10:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 16
• Period 3 Orientation Check-in: 8:00-8:30 a.m. OR 8:30-9 a.m.
• Period 4A Orientation Check-in: 9:30-10:00 a.m. OR 10:00-10:30 a.m.
• Period 4B Orientation Check-in: 1:30-2:00 p.m. OR 2:00-2:30 p.m.
Friday, April 17
• Period 5 Orientation Check-in: 8:00-8:30 a.m. OR 8:30-9:00 a.m.
• Period 6 Orientation Check-in: 9:30-10:00 a.m. OR 10:00-10:30 a.m.
The distance learning model of teaching and learning is new for all of us. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to this new way of engaging staff, students, and families. Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions.