Recently, the HCPSS has decided to cancel the winter sports season for the 2020-2021 school year. The fall athletics season is scheduled to begin in-person practices on February 13, 2021, with the hope that the distribution of a vaccine will significantly improve the community health metrics. Online registration for fall athletics will begin on January 12, 2021, via HCPSS Connect. Directions can be found online.
o The HCPSS Office of Information Technology has developed a portal through HCPSS Connect Parent Access to submit ALL Athletics Forms. Parents/guardians can now fill out required forms, upload physicals and proof of residency documents, and complete the eligibility process just by following this link: HCPSS Connect.
o Physicals: The Athletic Boosters have provided a convenient opportunity for students to have a physical at Maple Lawn First Cal Urgent Care. Click this link for more information. Portion of the proceeds go to the athletic boosters
· Pre season conditioning programs will be dependent on the sport and will be on a first come, first served basis. Some spots maybe limited to 25 students
· No Walk-Ups will be accepted.
· Students will be required to adhere to strict guidelines while in pre season conditioning sessions, including checking in prior to event with trainer, maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, transportation etc.
· Coaches will be having meetings to discuss specifics for in person pre season training
If you have specific questions please feel free to reach out to the Athletics and Activities Manager, Mike Senisi at Michael_Senisi@hcpss.org
TRYOUTS: Participants are expected to be at ALL tryouts. Practices will begin immediately after teams are selected. Please plan vacation time accordingly. All participants MUST have all forms filled out prior to tryouts. Participants will not be allowed to tryout if paper work is missing or incomplete.
FALL ATHLETIC FORMS: The HCPSS Office of Information Technology has developed a portal through HCPSS Connect Parent Access to submit ALL of your Fall Athletics Forms. Parents/guardians can now fill out required forms, upload physicals and proof of residency documents, and complete the eligibility process just by following this link: HCPSS Connect. This is a safe and secure way to sign up your child to participate in the upcoming 2020 Fall Athletics sports season. Click here for step by step directions on how to submit forms online. Forms can be uploaded to the HCPSS Connect portal after July 13, 2020.
• Parent Permission: include insurance company and #
• Physicals: dated after April 1, 2020
• Residency: (BGE, tax bill, water bill, lease) must be dated within 30 days of tryout date
• Concussion Awareness & Testing: signs and symptoms, sign both documents
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA): signs and symptoms
• COVID-19: New release form that needs to be signed by parent and players
PHYSICALS: Wellness visits are NOT considered physicals Physicals can be taken at doctors’ office, CVS, Target, or Patient First. Please bring HCPSS paperwork with you. The athletic boosters have partnered with a local Urgent Care to provide affordable physicals. You can use this link to register for a physical.
For more information, please contact the Athletics and Activities Manager, Mr. Senisi at Michael_Senisi@hcpss.org