2017 Graduation InformationMon, 11/28/2016 - 8:58am
Frequently Asked Questions by Senior Parents:
Where is the commencement ceremony held?
Merriweather Post Pavilion
When is graduation?
Monday, May 22, 2017 at 11am HCPSS Graduation Window
What this the schedule for senior exams, rehearsals, and the senior celebration?
The calendar for the last week of school for seniors is available in a one-week calendar view.
How does my senior order graduation attire and accessories?
During the senior meeting (Jan 11) the Balfour representative distributed order forms for a cap & gown, announcements and other graduation accessories.
Can my senior order a cap/gown and other graduation accessories online?
Announcements/Caps/Gowns and accessories can be ordered at the Balfour website.
What if my family cannot afford a cap/gown for my senior?
Please call or email your counselor or Ms. Hutchens at email@example.com to discuss financial assistance.
Can parents/guardians present the diploma to his/her senior at the ceremony?
No, but if you are a permanent employee of the Howard County Public School System in any capacity we invite you to present your child’s diploma at Atholton High School’s 2017 Commencement Ceremony. Talk with your senior to make a joint decision that you will hand the diploma to him/her. Complete and return this form to Jeannette Bonomo-Thomas or Natalie Kelly, graduation coordinators, either by email or a hard copy by April 27, 2017. (Jeannette_Bonomo-Thomas or Natalie_Kelly@hcpss.org)
Where do we park when we arrive at Merrweather Post Pavilion?
With ongoing construction and a condensed graduation schedule, there are several changes to parking procedures.
- Graduates and guests may not arrive any sooner than 45 minutes in advance of their ceremony start time.
- After the ceremony is complete, please make every effort to vacate the parking lot as quickly as possible so that parking is available for the next school.
- Upon arrival in the vicinity of Merriweather Post Pavilion, uniformed staff will direct cars to the closest available parking. Please plan to walk; the number of close spaces is limited.
- Merriweather “Lot 1” which is located just inside the Little Patuxent Parkway entrance is designated as ADA/Handicapped parking. Entrants must have a disability placard and/or license plates. The lot can accommodate 160 vehicles, if it fills the parking team will direct cars to the nearest available spaces.
- Guests with disabilities may also be dropped off and picked up in the backstage loading area.